Tuesday, January 6, 2009

One week post-op visit

I went to see Ashlee, Dr. Brandon's PA today.  Everything is going like it should.  I am down to 297.  This is 9 pounds since the day of surgery.  For the past week, I have been super bloated and swollen.  Luckily for me, I think I did a serious water cleansing (or as my nurse put it "diuresis") yesterday.  I think this attributed to the weight loss.  If this would have been yesterday, I don't think that number would have been as high.  I would have been okay either way.  Those were hardest 9 pounds I have EVER lost. 

I also got my staples out.  Kenny and I (and his boss and a few other people) wondered how they take these things out.  They really just used this little pair of scissors that just went right under them and popped them off.  I only really felt pain with one of them.  I have 6 incisions.  Three up and Three down.  The top three are small and have healed nicely.  The bottom two on the right are about an inch long and had about 5 staples a piece.  The pain was from the bottom middle one.  Then there is the bottom left incision.  That thing is about 2 inches long and gnarly.  When he pulled out the 8 staples, the skin  just kinda separated.  EEE GADS!  Freaked me out a bit.  He put steri-strips on the bottom three and sent me on my way.  

The best part about today was that they put me on pureed foods.  We went to Wal*mart to get a couple of things.  I rode around on one of the little carts.  WOO HOO.  I mean, I am definitely up and moving, but I think that would have been too much for me.  Besides the fact that I walk about as fast as an old man.  After our shopping trip, we went home and I immediately cooked me a scrambled egg with shredded lowfat cheese and a   small small    touch of blended salsa.  I was able to eat the whole thing with no pain or problems.  I am the happiest egg eatin' mofo on the planet.  

Now to go plan some other meal plans for this pureed stage that I will be on for 3 weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment