Friday, January 23, 2009

three weeks... plus a couple of days

Tuesday was the 3 week anniversary of the surgery.  I was going to post then but then our computer took a crap.  I think the fan went out.  Lucky for me, I am married to a computer SUUUPER genius so it is all better now.  
...and now back to what I should have written on tuesday.....

I am 3 weeks out.  Things are getting much better.  I have finally progressed on to some solid-ish foods.  everything is still pureed but I can at least tell that the stuff was at one time food that normal people would have eaten.   Tonite, I had my version of a hamburger.   I took ground up very lean burger, pureed a dill pickle, and added a touch of mayo and mustard and ate it with a spoon.  It was the best "almost burger" ever.    I am also seeing a lot of changes in my body.  dents where there used to be curves and bones where there was fat before.  It is an all-new feeling for me.  I did have to go get a few new shirts though.  I made a promise to myself that I wasn't going to do a new wardrobe each month, but at some point, all of the fat clothes just make ya feel bad.  Most of my shirts are Lane Bryant 26/28.  I was actually able to just buy a couple of cheapo shirts from Wal*Mart in a size 18/20.  I tried them on in the kitchen when we got home and ended up just standing there crying on Kenny's arm.  Unfortunately for me, the bottom is not loosing as quick.  Well, let me rephrase that.... my legs are loosing lots and my ass ain't looking to bad either.  However my gut is taking it's old sweet time.  I am still able to comfortably wear my pants still.  The legs all look huge though.  Oh well,  I can't have it all!


No comments:

Post a Comment